Another invocation..
Ancestors Invocation
[ by Jennifer Ellison]
We hear your whispered voices
speaking words of wisdom
into our unconscious minds.
Your whispers awaken
our dreams, our hearts, ourdesires.
You who are our ancestors
who once walked upon the earth
and were part of our shared life eternal,
we praise you with all that issacred in our lives.
You who planted the seed of knowledge, you who sought inner peace, youwho claimed your love for the Gods and Goddesses of old, we give youhonor and praise your name.Grandmother, without you I would not be here. Grandfather, without youIwould not be here. People that have come before and gone ahead, withoutyou I would not be here.I give you honor and praise your name. We ask you for guidance, for youhave the power of knowledge. You have been born in us, part of ourbeing. We draw upon your strength so that we may move ever forward.Yourfootsteps, we follow as all children will. You are our family and withall the love in my being, I give you honor and call your names.Ancestors, I praise you with the earth in my palm. I praise you withthefire in my heart. I praise you with my breath as I give offerings toyour greatness. I praise you with the blood and water of life within mybody. I call forth for you with honor for all eternity.
I'm also checking out the book that I like so much.. can't remember the name.. anyway.. to see if there is anything about letting go..
See ya tonight
[ by Jennifer Ellison]
We hear your whispered voices
speaking words of wisdom
into our unconscious minds.
Your whispers awaken
our dreams, our hearts, ourdesires.
You who are our ancestors
who once walked upon the earth
and were part of our shared life eternal,
we praise you with all that issacred in our lives.
You who planted the seed of knowledge, you who sought inner peace, youwho claimed your love for the Gods and Goddesses of old, we give youhonor and praise your name.Grandmother, without you I would not be here. Grandfather, without youIwould not be here. People that have come before and gone ahead, withoutyou I would not be here.I give you honor and praise your name. We ask you for guidance, for youhave the power of knowledge. You have been born in us, part of ourbeing. We draw upon your strength so that we may move ever forward.Yourfootsteps, we follow as all children will. You are our family and withall the love in my being, I give you honor and call your names.Ancestors, I praise you with the earth in my palm. I praise you withthefire in my heart. I praise you with my breath as I give offerings toyour greatness. I praise you with the blood and water of life within mybody. I call forth for you with honor for all eternity.
I'm also checking out the book that I like so much.. can't remember the name.. anyway.. to see if there is anything about letting go..
See ya tonight
1 Comments:
I am not as fond of this one as I am the other ones you have found. It might be different in context of a ritual, but right now this does not speak to me. Sorry Loni. I hate writing things like this because I am afraid I will hurt someone's feelings.
Post a Comment
<< Home