Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Meditation

Relax, we're going to rest for a minute or two before we start.  Be aware of the earth beneath your feet, the air around you.  Listen to the water in the aquarium.  See the reflected glow of the sun off of the moon.  And relax. 

Take a few minutes to tense up your muscles, hold for a second and then release the tension, just let it go.  As you let go, imagine the dark energies, the worries, the fears, leaving you.  I start with my feet, clenching my toes and then relaxing.  As I relax them, not only does the old, tired energy leave me, but new energy, fresh energy enters to take its place.  I see that energy as a soothing green, flowing up from the earth, through the foundation, into me.  I tense my calves, hold them for a second, then relax.  The healthy, warm, energy climbs higher.  I do this all the way to my scalp and then I am filled with new, green energy. 

If you have a different way of doing this process feel free to do so.  Take your time.  Get into a relaxed, resting state. (Pause for at least five minutes)

You can feel the energy within you and it is pulsing. Let it carry you, out of your body. You are above yourself and can see yourself and everyone else in the room all resting, all at peace. You become aware that their spirits, like yours, are gathered above thier bodies.

It is the magick of Samhain, when those long gone can cross the bridge of swords to our material world and we may visit them in the Otherworld.

You are aware that you are on a dirt road. It is cool and dry, a slight breeze carries faint scents of unfamiliar plants to your nostrils. The light is that of the moon and on either side of the road are tall, brown grasses.

A path branches from the left hand side of the road. It leads to a tall series of craggy cliffs less than fifty feet from the road. Beside the road, on the path stands a man. He is wearing knee high boots and jeans. A heavy jacket drapes his frame and on his head is a yellow miners helmet with a lamp in front.

He greets you with a nod and scans the entire group with his eyes.

"I am your guide, at least to the threshold. Welcome friends, welcome to the Chauvet caverns."

As he speaks you realize that he is speaking in French, but you can understand him clearly.

(Explain the caves and what they mean)

"Now you must go, into the caves. It is your turn."

You join your companions now in walking to the cave entrance.

Begin Rit.

1 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

Sounds great! The begining might need to be alittle more definate.. but not sure.. I do like what you have.. and I think it blends very well with what we have for the rit..

October 26, 2004 at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home